Wednesday, July 4, 2007

July 4th - So long, farewell!







Okay, I am sitting in front of the computer like a zombie right now, feeling like I need toothpicks to prop open my eyelids I am so tired. However, my soon-to-be travel buddy Marie thankfully reminded me that when we arrive in London (BC time, 9:40pm?) it will be 7:40am and we will NOT be sleeping when we get off that plane. OOhh no, you see this is the kind of dedication we show to making SURE that we have a damn good time while we are off gallavanting around Europe! A nearly sleepless night so that I can have a less-than-adequate sleep on the plane might not sound enticing.. but we are going to beat this thing they call jet lag.. you betta believe it! Ok I think I'm rambling due to exhaustion, but if you're reading this you've found your way to my blog that I will be keeping in touch with throughout the duration of my and Marie's countless European adventures. I can't tell you how much it means to hear from home when one is across the world. Don't think that you have nothing to tell me! Tell me anything! I just like to hear from friends and family back home, you guys mean the world to me! So fire me an e-mail or just post a comment and enjoy living vicariously through our recounted European experiences... GOOD ONE!



Brief somewhat planned travel itinerary...

Fly London to Barcelona

Barcelona (2), Pamplona(2-3), San Sebastian (2)

Portugal (3-4 days down the coast)

Greece: Athens (1), Mykonos (3), Santorini (3)

Italy: Pompei (1), Rome (3-4), Florence (2-3), Venice (2), Cinque Terre(1)

Aug 2nd - Marie flies home (from Milan?)

I continue on (this part is relatively up in the air)...

5 days Southern France

1 week Portugal (??)

5 days Seville and Southern Spain (Andelucia)

3 days Paris (??)

Fly home August 23rd!



Okay, I think that's all for now! Bon Voyage (wait, isn't that what you say?)

With love,



Lauren

4 comments:

  1. Hey Lauren! Hope you and Marie have a blast! Are you flying home from London? If so, I am there on August 22, I get in at 9:30 in the morning (and I totally hear you about trying to beat jet lag...I did the whole stay-up-so-you-can-sleep-on-the-plane last year, and it totally works!)...anyways, if you're in London that day we should meet up, if not, no worries and have tons of fun :)

    Eryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog title put that silly song from The Sound of Music in my head...! Hope your flight was good and that it isn't too HAWT over there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey L-dizzel! Sounds like you are on your way to having a wicked time. Nothing really new around these parts. It was another reasonably nice day. Took a walk down to Jericho. Gotta get in as much beach/sun time as I can.

    Can't wait to read your next post!

    Hugz
    Fauz

    PS Having a year round job sucks! Good work on picking a job that gives you 2 months off in the summer! I was so wrong! DAMNIT!

    ReplyDelete