Friday, July 10, 2009

Istanbul!

Okay, I figured I should write a bit more of an exciting blog since the last one wasn't the most uplifting! After I got of the internet in Frankfurt I sat down for some dinner in the hostel -the grocery store staple of fresh bread, salami and cheese in a sandwich! Met some wicked boys from Argentina and Mexico and got to practice my Spanish a bit with them.. we went to the local corner store and bought an array of giant german beers which we consumed over hour upon hour of card games at the hostel. I don't know how I managed, but we were up until well past 2am before I passed out! Had to get up at 6.. maybe not the best decision I've ever made, but we had a blast! Two flights that day - to Warsaw and then Istanbul - they were super smooth and easy and most importantly my luggage made it safely!! I was so tired I absolutely passed out for the entire second flight - I literally could not keep my eyes open! Hell, I almost fell over standing in the customs line-up I was so exhausted!
Ha ha so I decided to suck it up and take the metro to find my hostel - everyone here is SO friendly!! Found my hostel by about 7:30 pm.. had dinner at a nearby restaurant where the waiter taught me a few Turkish words with the understanding that I would talk to him in English so he could practice... then I passed out and FINALLY got a solid 12-hour sleep.. today I went on a boat cruise up the European coast of Istanbul and back along the Asian coast. What an amazing city!! There are over 2000 mosques in Istanbul and they are all beautiful! After having lunch with three South African boys I am now back at the hostel to gather my things and find directions to the hotel where I will meet up with Laura and the rest of our tour group!! THought I would take advantage of the free internet before I left! I absolutely can't wait to see what will be next and am having a fantastic time so far!!
Love to everyone back home, talk to you soon!
Gule gule (good-bye in Turk)
Laur xo

No comments:

Post a Comment