Friday, July 24, 2009

Strudel, Baklava and Gelato - also known as Croatia!!

Hellooo Croatia!!
I have been here for the last three days and am LOVING it. There is so much to see in Turkey and I would definitely like to go back and check out some of the other areas, but I feel much safer now being in Croatia. It was a bit stressful walking around the streets of Istanbul... I was followed both days by a creepy guy for more than half an hour! But I was really careful not to go out by myself at night and did still enjoy the time there..
Where can I even start about Croatia?! Got into Zagreb and immediately jumped on a bus to Split, no time to waste!! Kev reccommended the 3 Turtles hostel to me which ended up being awesome- super small but a convenient location and quite the at home feeling. Everyone got together and had a big BBQ and we drank the night away.. Split is beautiful.. a lot of the city is weaved through Diocletian´s palace, the main attraction for the city. I rented a bike yesterday and rode out the peninsula of Marjan to another beach.. beautiful! I think that is going to be a trend for this leg of the trip.. I´m all about the beaches right now, and Croatia gives good beach!!
Yesterday I tried to extend my stay at the hostel but they were all booked up, and the only hostel I could find was one 25 minutes South of Split.. well, I am SO lucky to have stumbled upon this place!!! I think I´m in love!! (with the place that is..) This is the only hostel I have stayed at that is literally 10 steps from the water. As soon as I showed up I was greeted by a bunch of Irish, Americans, Aussies and Dutch. We had a HUGE BBQ (I think there were 20 of us or something) on a table almost in the sea it was so close!! The hostel is actually on a cement boardwalk but there is a makeshift diving board in front of the hostel, so we stayed in our bathinig suits all night and randomly five or six of us would decide to jump in and swim for a bit, even into the late hours of the evening.. HEAVEN!
Today I am having a it of a late start after a long night, but headed to Brac to check out Bol beach on kevs recommendation. Then tonight i think the same crew of us are headed into Split for a night on the town!! (I HAD to extend my stay for another night!)
Hope all is well back home..
Love to all and see you soon!!!
Laur xo

1 comment: